Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coming out of comfort zone and talking a bit about UP.

I would like to continue on with the posting I did earlier about comfort zone that was posted on August 8.

We all have comfort zones in life.  We use it for social, work, church, family, etc.  The comfort zone is a nice haven to which we know we can do and still be safe.  Though every once a while we need to get out of our comfort zone.  If we stay in our comfort zone throughout life we will not get anything out of life.

     Dating- Asking a girl or boy out on a date or proposing to get married to that person.
     Work- Asking for a raise or a promotion, being unemployed and going out looking for a job. 
     Social- Asking to be friends with that person, asking a question about something.
     Church- Sharing the gospel, standing up for your beliefs.

I myself can be a timid and shy person to my friends.  At times I can by vocal because I know they are my friends and won't ridicule with what I have to say.  I enjoy my comfort zone but, at times I know I need to get out of my comfort zone so I can grow and be happier about myself.

In the movie UP a senior man goes out of his comfort zone and helps a young boy on a wonderful adventure.  He could have stayed in his comfort zone and gone to the retirement place and lived with the rest of his life there but instead he didn't.  The deal of coming out of his comfort zone was knocking on his door.  In result he got a new friend after his adventure and glad he took the opportunity to get out of his comfort zone.  We should learn from that movie and realize the great adventure we have of coming out of our comfort zone.

No comments: