Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I am not an Eagle Scout.

Once I was in Boy Scouts and had a great time being in that organization.  I got to be in various leadership positions such as Chaplin's Aid, Patrol Leader, Assistant Patrol Leader, Senior Patrol Leader and Assistant Senior Patrol Leader.  I got to deal with those boys who had a hard time being in the patrol.  For it would seem like they were always being picked on.  I would try my best to comfort them and make them feel like they are part of the troop.  I also got to go on a lot of camping trips throughout the year dealing with rain, snow and the heat of the sun.  I was close to being qualified for Order of the Arrow. 

With all this great talk about being in Boy Scouts I didn't become an Eagle Scout.  I was just one rank away from getting that done.  I still had to do a few more merit badges, an Eagle project and a Board of Review for deciding if I should receive that rank. 

I enjoyed being in the Boy Scouts.  It was a great fun for me.  Even though I was never that Eagle rank I have been told on occasion when I was on my mission and after my mission, that I am an Eagle Scout to them.  Which in that aspect makes me feel good. 

Being an Eagle Scout may give you a great job in the work force but, it won't keep you from going to heaven.  I am sure when the day of judgment comes to face the Lord and review of your life of the things you did in your life, I'm positive that you will not get any less thought of for nor getting that Eagle rank.  For the Lord knows that I tried my best in what I did. 

For those who didn't get that rank of Eagle, don't feel bad about it and if Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts wasn't for you then that is okay.  I still consider you as a great friend to me.

No comments: