Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The games we played as children.

I remember the games that we used to play when we were growing up.
  • Kick the can
  • Red Rover
  • Mother, May I?
  • Red light, green light
  • Heads up 7up
  • Freeze tag
  • Capture the flag
Now that I'm grown up as an adult I don't play those games as much anymore.  Though children now are more into playing computers, cell phones, watching tv, etc. than playing these type of games.  I even played some of them when I was in elementary school in my class or with my cousins or with my friends out at the park.  These games will help them to get the exercise they need and to have fun outside while they are young.  They are easy to play and not hard to understand how to play.  I'm not saying that the electronics are bad but, it would be nice to see the young children playing these games so that these games don't get lost in the shuffle of life and that they can teach their kids these games when us adults are gone.

No comments: