Today is Christmas Day! The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings this song so great! What a wonderful way to celebrate the day of song.
I just thought it would be interesting to post some facts about Christmas down.
- That Christmas is the only holiday that gets a lot of controversy over. About saying Seasons Greetings instead of Merry Christmas, wither the carols should be sung or not, calling it a Holiday tree instead of Christmas tree.
- That it’s the only holiday that is celebrated over 3 months.
- The only holiday that we say Merry Christmas instead of Happy Christmas.
- Attached to Happy New Year as well as Christmas Eve and New Years Eve.
- The one holiday that has carols attached to it instead of saying Christmas songs and the most of any holiday that I know of.
- That celebrates a day of birth of the Lord.
- That has a plant that we decorate inside the house.
- That the event actually happened in spring time not winter time, though we celebrate it in a month different than the month it actually happened.
- The only holiday that uses the phrase "Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards Men"
- The only holiday that we are told to keep throughout the coming year and not just at the end of the year when we are thinking about it the most.
Feel free to let me know if you can think of any more that I haven't already listed. Thanks.