Sunday, June 26, 2011

To those who have had a close friend die on them.

If you have known someone that has been real close to you as a friend, mentor, buddy, etc.  I hope that this hymn will help you in this difficult time you are facing.

This hymn is called "O My Father"

O my Father, Thou that dwellest in the high and
glorious place, when shall I regain thy presence
and again behold Thy face?  In Thy holy
habitation, did my spirit once reside?  In my
first primeval childhood was I nurtured near Thy side?

For a wise and glorious purpose Thou hast placed me
here on earth And withheld the recollection
of my former friends and birth; yet oft times a
secret something whispered, "You're a stranger here," and I
felt that I had wandered from a more exalted sphere.

I had learned to call thee Father, thru the Spirit
from on high, but, until the key of knowledge
was restored, I knew not why.  In the heaven's are
parents single?  No, the thought makes reason stare!  Truth is
reason; truth eternal tells me I've a mother there.

When I leave this frail existence, When I lay this
mortal by, Father, Mother, may I meet you
in your royal courts on high?  Then, at length, when
I've completed all you sent me forth to do, with your
mutual approbation let me come and dwell with you.

No comments: